At Schulphoek, going “green” in nothing new. We’ve been a green establishment since our founding.
While no green standard exists in South Africa, our principles in sustainability key into good citizenship and environmentalism.
Below is a list of our initiatives:
- > Solar heating for all water heaters
- > Rain water harvesting
- > Environmentally friendly insulation
- > All organic waste is composted in our garden
- > A no-fertilizer, no-chemical policy in our garden
- > Supporting local low-footprint farmers
- > Buying sustainable SASSI Green List line-caught fish
Read more about our Restaurant
Our host and team are all from the region. We are proud to represent our country and the Overberg.
Schulphoek supports the education of the children of our staff. We offer subsidized schooling for first-generation education development for dedicated staff.
We support the efforts of local marine life and biodiversity protection through collaborations with the coast guard, police and nature conservation.